[kepler-dev] Adding actors to the library

Tomasz Żok tzok at man.poznan.pl
Tue Mar 15 03:45:47 PDT 2011

Hi,

>what is the official way to add actors to the library in my own Kepler
>module? How do I create a new folder in the library for my actors?

First, you write code for this actor and make sure that
generated .class or .jar files are in Kepler's classpath. Then you
run Kepler and choose "Instantiate Component" from menu "Tools". You
need to provide it with full class name of your actor. The actor will
appear on workflow canvas. You can now right-click on it and choose
"Semantic Type Annotation" where you select categories to which this
actor belong (categories are those in hierarchy in Kepler library). The
last step is to right-click the actor and choose "Save as KAR".

>And how can I give them customized icons?

In the directory kepler/gui/resources/configurations/ there are two
files uiSVGIconMappingsByClass.xml and uiSVGIconMappingsByLSID.xml.
Please read comments inside them as it is already clearly described on
how to specify icons for actors. One note from me however - in Kepler
2.x it seems that icons themselves are placed in
kepler/config/lib/images/

Regards,
Tomek

--
Tomasz Zok
Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center