[kepler-dev] svn: Compression of svndiff data failed

Derik Barseghian barseghian at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Dec 8 14:56:24 PST 2011

Hi Christopher,

Jing and I have started seeing this error today when trying to checkout ptolemy-kepler-2.3 from the command line (haven't tried a fresh checkout of trunk yet to know if it happens with "ptolemy" too).

It's happened for me both when 1) doing a fresh checkout of reporting-2.3 with ant change-to, and 2) sometimes when changing into the ptolemy-kepler-2.3/src dir and manually running svn update (with svn 1.6.6).

#1)
mkdir tmp; cd tmp;
svn co https://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler/releases/release-branches/build-area-2.3 build-area;
cd build-area;
ant change-to -Dsuite=reporting-2.3;
#...gets partway through ptolemy-kepler-2.3 checkout and:
[change-to] A   /home/barseghian/dev2/tmp/ptolemy-kepler-2.3/src/ptolemy/actor/lib/mail/test
[change-to] svn: Compression of svndiff data failed

#2)
cd ../ptolemy-kepler-2.3/src
svn update
# sometimes happens again here after awhile of file checkouts

Any ideas? I saw you have mention of how to fix this when inside eclipse, but we're on cmd line, so that doesn't seem applicable, but maybe you're familiar with the issue.
I did a quick google and saw a suggestion to check the repository for corruption with 'svnadmin verify', but I don't know the details of running that command.

Derik