[kepler-dev] Kepler 2.3.0 rc1

Derik Barseghian barseghian at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Aug 12 20:32:02 PDT 2011

Hi all,

2.3.0 is ready for testing. I've uploaded a first round of test installers (they don't have "rc1" in the name, but we'll refer to this round as rc1):
https://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler/releases/test-installers/

Please give them a try and file any bugs on the 2.3.0 target, or let me know of your success. Testing Windows (Vista, 7) and Linux would be especially helpful.

Please also test getting 2.3.0 via the Module Manager. These branches are in the test-releases area, and so to do this you'll have to edit module-manager/resources/configurations/configuration.xml:
     <releaseLocation>
-        https://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler/releases/released/
+        https://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler/releases/test-releases/
     </releaseLocation>

Keep in mind this means your trunk kepler's module manager will look at the branches in test-releases/ (kepler-2.3 will be an option).
Once you're in 2.3.0 (and any other version you switch to) module manager will again be looking at released/ (kepler-2.3 will not be an option).

Thanks,
Derik