[kepler-dev] 2.1.0 release testing

Derik Barseghian barseghian at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Sep 14 12:09:00 PDT 2010

Devs,

Kepler 2.1.0 and Reporting, Workflow-Run-Manager, Provenance, and
Tagging 2.1.0 are published to the test area and ready for release
testing. If you could please do some testing and let me know your
results, we should be able to release as soon as 1) the Kepler
Leadership team approves the releases 2) the KNB Metacat is upgraded
and 3) a final change is made to remove the Dev server listings in the
Components and Data preference tabs. I'd like to release before the
end of this week.

Some good tests:
* Running, saving, uploading to Dev, etc. your and the demo workflows.
* Using the Module Manager to change between suites and Kepler 2.0.0
and 2.1.0, and testing each suite's functionality

In order to test, change releaseLocation in module-manager's
configuration.xml to: https://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler/releases/test-releases

Note that Kepler 2.1 now depends on a mix of 2.1 and 2.0 modules, so
be sure you're up to date if you also want to test the 2.1 branch
versions to see how they play along with the 2.1.0 releases.

Thanks,
Derik