[kepler-dev] unique id generation

Derik Barseghian barseghian at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Oct 13 13:01:50 PDT 2010

Hi Michal,

Kepler uses "Kepler-LSIDs" for unique ids quite extensively now:
https://kepler-project.org/developers/teams/framework/kepler-life-science-identifiers-keplerlsid/?searchterm=lsids

We even use them in filenames in some instances, e.g. workflow files
within KARs.
LSIDGenerator might be of interest to you.

Derik