[kepler-dev] How to add a new module with recent build?

David Welker david.v.welker at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 19:24:47 PDT 2010

Hi Anne,

If you want to have the CP module detected without making a new suite,
but by editing modules.txt, you can just delete current-suite.txt or
change the value to "unknown." The thing is, as the system currently
stands, if current-suite.txt is specified, then in case of a conflict
between the contents of that suite and modules.txt, the contents of
the suite are used. So, if you want to just edit modules.txt manually
without making a new suite, you have to make sure that current-
suite.txt does not contradict it. This can be done by simply deleting
it, or changing the contents to "unknown" (either course of action is
functionally identical).

-David