[kepler-dev] R version for kepler 2.0?

ben leinfelder leinfelder at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Mar 5 13:31:07 PST 2010

Well...
For the regular RExpression actor it's probably fine to upgrade to
2.10. I'm guessing most R users keep up to date with the releases
(Oliver using 2.10?) and we might as well ship the latest that we can.
For the experimental RExpression2 actor that uses native
bindings...I'd have to check that those are available for each of the
three platforms before saying whether we should ship with 2.10. I know
of only one person in Bertram's group that is using the RExpression2
actor, so it's a limited audience. With the module manager, we could
roll out a patch that includes the updated RExpression2 libs as r-2.1
if need be.
I'll investigate the JRI libraries that may or may not exist for R
2.10 and get back to you.
-ben