[kepler-dev] Code Freeze Today

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Feb 2 10:22:17 PST 2010

Hi,

See my comments below.

Christopher Brooks wrote:
> Hi Aaron,
> I agree, I'd like to see the Kepler code formatted before the release.
> However, I'm not so sure everyone agrees with this.  My latest
> understanding
> was that reformatting was ok on a per-file basis.  I don't have a
> suggestion
> for how to reach consensus on this.

Yeah, unless there's a real reason to reformat all of the code, I'd
prefer if you just format the files you "own" or have a vested interest
in.  If a file is a huge mess or something, that's fine, but I don't
think we should be reformatting entire modules.  We've never come to a
decision on standard style and I doubt we will, so I prefer to stick
with the status quo for now.

> At a minimum, it would be good to at least fix the imports.  One issue
> is that
> if any of the files are copyright 2009, then modifying them would mean
> changing
> the copyright. However, I think most files will have a 2010 copyright.

I updated all of the copyrights on all of the source in the kepler suite
last week.  They should now be all XXXX-2010 or just 2010 if the file
was created this year or did not have a previous copyright.  FYI,
there's now a task to do this in the build 'ant update-copyright' which
is documented in the build documentation.

chad