[kepler-dev] Code Freeze Today

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Feb 2 06:30:10 PST 2010

Hi Aaron,
I agree, I'd like to see the Kepler code formatted before the release.
However, I'm not so sure everyone agrees with this.  My latest understanding
was that reformatting was ok on a per-file basis.  I don't have a suggestion
for how to reach consensus on this.

At a minimum, it would be good to at least fix the imports.  One issue is that
if any of the files are copyright 2009, then modifying them would mean changing
the copyright. However, I think most files will have a 2010 copyright.

I have notes about how I clean the ptII tree at
kepler/ptolemy/src/doc/coding/releasemgt.htm

_Christopher

On 2/1/10 7:42 PM, Aaron Schultz wrote:

> Hi Chad,
>
> I'd like to do a default eclipse reformat and organize imports before
> freezing the core module code. I can do it tomorrow night around 6pm if
> that's ok, giving folks a chance to check in their code before that
> happens.
> Or if you could do it before the branch that'd be good too.
>
> Thanks,
> Aaron
>

> Chad Berkley wrote:
>> Just the Kepler suite modules I think.
>>

>> On Feb 1, 2010, at 9:38, Timothy McPhillips <tmcphillips at mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Chad,
>>>
>>> What would the SVN branch be over? Everything in kepler/trunk/,
>>> including all modules?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Tim

ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2718	      (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 cell: 707.332.0670