[kepler-dev] Adding element to Runtime Window

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Aug 13 08:57:00 PDT 2010

Hi Michal,

In Ptolemy, classes that implement
ptolemy.actor.gui.Placeable
or extend ptolemy.actor.gui.AbstractPlaceable
get placed in the Runtime Window.

I'm not sure if this is the Runtime Window to which you refer.

For example, if you do:

1. java -classpath $PTII ptolemy.vergil.VergilApplication $PTII/ptolemy/domains/sdf/demo/Butterfly/Butterfly.xml
2. View | Run Window

Then a Run Window pops up that has the Plotter in it.

Try searching ptolemy/actor/gui/*.java for Placeable.

However, I suspect you are referring to a different Runtime Window?

_Christopher

On 8/13/10 6:28 AM, Michal Owsiak wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I have question related to Runtime Window.
>
> If I want to make sure that my class is "shown" within Runtime Window
> should I implement some interface or call some specific method of the
> Container?
>
> use case: I have an actor that prints messages in separate JFrame object
> (like Display). I want to make it print messages into Runtime Window as
> well.
>
> Thanks in advance for your suggestions
>
> Cheers
>
> Michal

ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2718	      (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 cell: 707.332.0670