[kepler-dev] Build Script - Checking out Ptolemy

David Welker david.v.welker at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 14:38:38 PDT 2010

Oh, I was confused by these phrase:

> Switching the default build to use ptolemy's svn over https

I see, you prefer to use https. I read this as you thinking that svn
made more sense. That svn refers to both the repository and to the
protocol can be confusing.

The reason we do not use https now is because it caused the build to
fail because of interactive certification queries that the build was
not able to handle gracefully. Apparently, when we use https on our
repository, the same issues do not arise. Perhaps there is a solution
such as a command-line option that will suppress such interactive
certification queries or a change in how the Ptolemy SVN is configured
so that it behaves in the same manner as the Kepler SVN where these
issues to not arise.

Anyway, we can look at this post 2.0. I just wanted to clarify my
confusion over Matt's preferences.

-David