[kepler-dev] Issues in buidling kepler 2.0

David Welker david.v.welker at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 02:10:13 PDT 2010

Not only is downloading ptolemy separately not necessary, if done
according to the build instructions, this will almost certainly fail.
Now, ptolemy is checked out into the ptolemy/src directory, not
directly into the ptolemy directory. This is a change to how things
used to be done, and it looks like the build system instructions are
out of date. I am going to fix the instructions right now to avoid
this sort of error in the future. Sorry about that Bala!

The issue with daks-base is interesting. daks-base is an old module
that doesn't exist anymore. My guess is that something did not
download correctly, and therefore there is some sort of incorrect
reference to a module containing a reference to daks-base. Also, it
could be that modules.txt did not copy correctly after executing ant
change-to -Dsuite=kepler-2.0, perhaps because of a permission issue or
something.

If you go to the build-area directory, what are the contents of the
modules.txt file?

-David