[kepler-dev] Issues in buidling kepler 2.0

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Apr 15 00:38:32 PDT 2010

Hi Bala,
Hmm, it works for me.  I ran

   747  svn co https://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler/branches/releases/release-branches/build-area-2.0 build-area
   748  cd build-area
   749  ant change-to -Dsuite=kepler-2.0
   750  ant run

You probably don't need to download ptolemy using a separate step, though
the instructions at

https://kepler-project.org/developers/teams/build/documentation/build-system-instructions

say

 > Note:
 >
 > If you are behind a firewall and do not have access to port 22 and you are working off the trunk, then the download of ptolemy will fail when you execute the "ant change-to -Dsuite=kepler" command.
 > In this case, you must download ptolemy manually using the following command:
 >
 > svn co https://source.eecs.berkeley.edu/svn/chess/ptII/trunk <kepler.modules>/ptolemy

However, ptolemy is checked out using svn, not svn+ssh, the steps above checked
Ptolemy II out with:
svn co -r 57597 svn://source.eecs.berkeley.edu/chess/ptII/branches/rel-8-0-beta-2 /Users/cxh/src/ptolemy-8.0/src

_Christopher

On 4/14/10 11:01 PM, AMARNATH, Balachandar wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am trying to download and install Kepler 2.0 from the reppositoty
>
> I tried the following command one by one
>

> svn co _https://source.eecs.berkeley.edu/svn/chess/ptII/trunk_
> <kepler.modules>/ptolemy
>

> svn co
> _https://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler/branches/releases/release-branches/build-area-2.0_
> build-area
> cd build-area
> ant change-to -Dsuite=kepler-2.0/
> /
> But I am not able to execute the command ant run.
> The error is dak-base module is missing
>

> Can somebody help me to come out of it ?
>

> With thanks in advance
> Bala
>
> The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
> If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Airbus immediately and delete this e-mail.
> Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this e-mail as it has been sent over public networks. If you have any concerns over the content of this message or its Accuracy or Integrity, please contact Airbus immediately.
> All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly updated virus scanning software but you should take whatever measures you deem to be appropriate to ensure that this message and any attachments are virus free.

ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2718	      (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 cell: 707.332.0670