[kepler-dev] Building small size kepler distribution?

Thien Nguyen thien.th.nguyen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 13:36:55 PDT 2009

Thanks for the help,

For now I distribute custom actors by sending the libaries so users can
update in their standard Kepler installation, since the 1.0 is available
online and not too big. Then the users open the .xml workflow and actors
loaded from those libraries.
If i'm correct, after we copied the project jar files in the lib/jar, the
KAR file for each actors is just for loading the actor into the library
menu? Do users always have to add each KAR file themselves by clicking
Import KAR when Kepler starts, or there is a directory to copy all the KAR
files. I'm making KAR for my custom actors by calling ant make-kars, but it
gonna run through all the modules, so I just make KAR by using the GUI when
Kepler run.

I'm also making a smaller installation with the Ptiny config.
Thien