[kepler-dev] server outages in Santa Barbara

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed May 6 23:40:52 PDT 2009

There is a large wildfire in Santa Barbara [1][2] which has been
causing extended city-wide power outages.  The raid array on the
server that runs LDAP, SVN, and Bugzilla for Kepler, Metacat, and
other projects failed during one of these outages, and power continues
to fluctuate.  We will get it fixed as soon as possible, but they are
evacuating large parts of downtown Santa Barbara -- our sysadmin may
or may not be able to reach the building to do any work on the
servers, depending on where the evacuations are called -- NCEAS is
right on the edge ofthe evacuation areas now.  I'll try to keep you
posted.  Various services provided at NCEAS including the Kepler
website and others may be unavailable until we get these servers back
online.  Thanks for your patience,

Matt

[1] Overview: http://www.independent.com/news/2009/may/06/evening-report-las-canoas-and-beyond/
[2] For a map see:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe=UTF8&num=200&start=200&msa=0&msid=117631292961056724014.00046949ab968657977c9&ll=34.462197,-119.707632&spn=0.033756,0.071754&z=14

Matthew B. Jones
Director of Informatics Research and Development
UC Santa Barbara
jones at nceas.ucsb.edu                       Ph: 1-907-523-1960
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/ecoinfo