[kepler-dev] Error message while checking out Kepler on Eclipse

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Mar 13 18:43:49 PDT 2009

Hi Paul,
Agreed, wrong documentation is _far_ worse than no documentation.
As Matt said, we've switched over to the new website.

I just set up instructions for setting up Eclipse under Kepler, see
https://kepler-project.org/developers/reference/kepler-and-eclipse

These instructions are meant to provide both a quick high-level
how-to and to provide detailed instructions for Kepler and Eclipse.

_Christopher

Paul Allen wrote:
> Could somebody start nuking the "obsolete and out of date" Kepler docs
> and pages? As someone who has, in the past, tried to figure out what's
> going on from the outside, I can tell you that leaving such
> documentation out there for consumption really frustrates potential
> Kepler users and contributors.
>
>  >>> Unfortunately, the documentation to which you refer is obsolete and
> out of date.
>
> David Welker wrote:
>> Hi subhav,
>>
>> Please follow the instructions here:
>>
>> https://dev.kepler-project.org/developers/teams/build/documentation/build-system-instructions
>>

>> Unfortunately, the documentation to which you refer is obsolete and
>> out of date.
>>
>> David
>>

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am trying to configure the Kepler source on Eclipse.
>>>
>>> I followed the following instructions:
>>>
>>>    1.  In Eclipse, open the 'SVN Repository Exploring' perspective. If
>>>       you do not see the "SVN Repository Exploring" perspective, you
>>>       most likely need to install the Subversive plug-in
>>>       <http://www.eclipse.org/subversive/>.
>>>    2. Right-click the "SVN Repositories" pane and select "New" then
>>>       "Repository Location." Specify the following URL and then click
>>>       Finish:

>>>    3. In the SVN Repositories pane, expand the kepler folder.
>>>       Right-click 'trunk', and select "Find/Checkout..."
>>>    4.  Select the "Check out as a project configured using the New
>>>       Project Wizard" option and click "Finish".
>>>    5. Select "Java Project" and click Next.
>>>    6. In the "New Java Project" window, type "kepler" for the project
>>>       name.
>>>    7. In the project layout option at the bottom, select "Create
>>>       separate source and output folders" and click "Next."
>>>    8. Eclipse might open a configuration panel. Select "Finish" for
>>>       now. We will return to this configuration after the files are
>>>       checked out.
>>>    9. Eclipse will check out everything from the repository and place
>>>       the files inside your workspace folder. The check out can be
>>>       time consuming, so be patient. Open the "Progress" view to see
>>>       check-out progress, or even better, go get some coffee.
>>> After this I got the error message:
>>>
>>> RA layer request failed
>>> svn: REPORT of '/code/kepler/!svn/vcc/default': Could not read
>>> response body: Secure connection truncated
>>> (https://code.kepler-project.org)
>>>
>>> Please help!
>>>
>>> Thank you

Christopher Brooks (cxh at eecs berkeley edu) University of California
ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2718	      (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 (W-F) 510.655.5480