[kepler-dev] Kepler source + eclipse

David Welker david.v.welker at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 11:13:37 PST 2009

Hi Michal,

Typically, it is not your responsibility to set _libraryDir. Looking at
the "WARNING:" it looks like for some reason your $KEPLER directory is
not being set correctly.  The KAR repository directory should be either
<kepler.modules>/common/kar (for kepler-trunk) or
<kepler.modules>/kepler-1.0-jar-tag/kar (for kepler-1.0).

My best guess is that somehow your eclipse workspace is somehow flawed.
Normally, you should be able to simply type in "ant eclipse" to
regenerate all the eclipse .project and .classpath files and then
refresh all the projects and that should resolve things when this
happens. If that doesn't work, you might consider emptying your
workspace of all your projects and reimporting...

Also, I would definitely do an "svn update" in the build-area directory
followed by an "ant update" command to ensure that all of your modules
are downloaded correctly and up-to-date.

A tricky error that sometimes occurs is that a module you depend on is
both not downloaded properly and there are no .svn files associated with
it so it cannot update properly either. The build system assumes that if
there is a folder with the same name as your module in <kepler.modules>
that the module is already present. So, if you have an empty folder with
the name of the module you need in <kepler.modules> maybe you are
missing something.

Does the build work properly for you from the command-line? If not, that
points to a problem with your eclipse workspace. You should consider
starting fresh. If the command-line does work, that indicates you may be
missing something in terms of not have retrieved all the modules you
need properly.

David