[kepler-dev] Can we create ordinary java component with out using kepler source code?

Peter Reutemann fracpete at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 23:11:49 PDT 2009

>     I am not using kepler and ptolemy source code to create component. i am
> creating component using java code. not using kepler or ptolemy source
> code. Could i integrate that component into kepler with out using kepler
> source code?  and Could i run that component in kepler execute engine
> without calling any function from kepler or ptolemy.

If you want to be able to use your code within Kepler/Ptolemy as an
actor, then your code needs to be derived from one of the
Ptolemy/Kepler actor classes. Otherwise the code won't be able to
interact in the flow (checking input/output ports, etc.).

Cheers, Peter
http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~fracpete/           Ph. +64 (7) 858-5174