[kepler-dev] log4j.properties

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Jun 15 14:10:44 PDT 2009

Hi Norbert,
All I know is that

https://kepler-project.org/developers/reference/using-commons-logging
says

"At runtime, the classpath is searched for the 'log4j.properties' file which
is used to customize the logging output."

"The 'log4j.properties' file found in the highest module is used when kepler is run.
Typically, module-manager/src/log4j.properties is the file that is read.
To customize the ouput, edit this file."

_Christopher

Norbert Podhorszki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could someone please tell me how the log4j logging is set up in the current
> Kepler head? How can I use a log4j.properties file from a certain directory?
>
> Three months ago it was the case that loader/src/log4.properties was used.
> This file now says that module-manager/src/log4j.properties is used. Which
> is not the case. However, if I put a log4j.properties file into the
> build-area/ then I get logging, put into the parent directory.
>
> Where and how do you tell log4j where the properties file can be found?
> I am not using ant to run the production workflows so I need to tell the JVM
> about it myself.
>

> Thanks
> Norbert
>

>   Norbert Podhorszki

Christopher Brooks (cxh at eecs berkeley edu) University of California
ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2718	      (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 (W-F) 510.655.5480