[kepler-dev] log4j.properties

Norbert Podhorszki pnorbert at ornl.gov
Mon Jun 15 13:51:49 PDT 2009

Hi,

Could someone please tell me how the log4j logging is set up in the current
Kepler head? How can I use a log4j.properties file from a certain directory?

Three months ago it was the case that loader/src/log4.properties was used.
This file now says that module-manager/src/log4j.properties is used. Which
is not the case. However, if I put a log4j.properties file into the
build-area/ then I get logging, put into the parent directory.

Where and how do you tell log4j where the properties file can be found?
I am not using ant to run the production workflows so I need to tell the JVM
about it myself.

Thanks
Norbert

  Norbert Podhorszki
  Scientific Computing Group
  National Center for Computational Sciences
  Oak Ridge National Laboratory
  Phone: (865) 574-7159