[kepler-dev] Moving toward the Kepler 2.0 and SanParks release

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Sat Jun 13 08:52:58 PDT 2009

Hi Chad,
The Ptolemy tree is looking fairly stable.

I'd like to clean the ptII tree soon and then create a
beta branch.

Cleaning the ptII tree on Monday would be a natural,
except Edward is traveling and might want to modify
the tree while he is flying.  So, I'm coordinating with
him on when the code shall be cleaned.

If I cleaned the ptII tree on Wednesday would that
be too late for the SanPark release?

_Christopher

Chad Berkley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get a feel for what remains to be done on the 2.0 and
> SanParks release.  Below is a list the tasks that still need to be done
> according to bugzilla.  I think several of these have been fixed and can
> be closed.  If there is a bug that's been fixed that is assigned to you,
> could you please close it.  I'd also like to ask everyone to update the
> bug descriptions in the next two days with your current progress so we
> can get a better feel for how much we have yet to do on getting Kepler
> 2.0 and the SanParks release done.  I'm specifically interested in
> updates on the major tasks: the packaging/kar system (aaron), WRP (ben
> and derik), configuration (david) and the module manager (david).
>
> Aaron, since I'm done with the installers and NMI builds, I'd like to
> jump into helping you with the packaging stuff.  Could you let me know
> where I can get started?
>
> Here are the major bugs still open:
>
> -3949: Chad - installers - mostly working, won't be close until release
> -3948: David - configuration system
> -3947: David - module manager
> -1750: Chad - packaging and kar files - Aaron, could you update this
> with what you've been working on?
> -4009: David - module support
> -3898: Aaron - .kepler directory
> -3976: Chad, everyone - Documentation updates - sections assigned, but
> not done
> -4034: David - memory access error with command line WF execution
> -2493: Aaron - Kepler repository issues
> -4047: Derik - remove component bug
> -4049: Derik - actor import bug
> -4040: Jianwu - globus module creation
> -4021: Aaron - KarEntry handler
> -4055: Aaron - leftover cachedata files
> -4122: Aaron - save as does not assign new LSID
> -4020: Derik - WRP
> -4087: Derik - reset button
> -2369: Chad - scrollbars in fullscreen
> -3782: David - trunk fails to read kar files
> -3925: David - ant run doesn't work with paths with spaces
> -3893: Ben - EML 2 dataset not working with local data
> -3931: Ben - R and JNI
> -3991: Ben - large workflow errors
> -3999: Ben - WRP
> -4001: Ben - WRP
> -4008: Ben - EML 2 dataset throws error
> -4010: Ben - RExpression2 backwards compatability
> -4088: David - new configuration system (is this a duplicate of 3948?)
> -4089: David - module manager, loader and build system use the same setup
> -4090: David - specify revision number on build
> -4091: David - blessed version of ptII
> -3672: Aaron - import/export workflows as archives
>
> Thanks,
> chad

Christopher Brooks (cxh at eecs berkeley edu) University of California
ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2718	      (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 (W-F) 510.655.5480