[kepler-dev] Moving toward the Kepler 2.0 and SanParks release

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Jun 11 11:51:12 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to get a feel for what remains to be done on the 2.0 and
SanParks release.  Below is a list the tasks that still need to be done
according to bugzilla.  I think several of these have been fixed and can
be closed.  If there is a bug that's been fixed that is assigned to you,
could you please close it.  I'd also like to ask everyone to update the
bug descriptions in the next two days with your current progress so we
can get a better feel for how much we have yet to do on getting Kepler
2.0 and the SanParks release done.  I'm specifically interested in
updates on the major tasks: the packaging/kar system (aaron), WRP (ben
and derik), configuration (david) and the module manager (david).

Aaron, since I'm done with the installers and NMI builds, I'd like to
jump into helping you with the packaging stuff.  Could you let me know
where I can get started?

Here are the major bugs still open:

-3949: Chad - installers - mostly working, won't be close until release
-3948: David - configuration system
-3947: David - module manager
-1750: Chad - packaging and kar files - Aaron, could you update this
with what you've been working on?
-4009: David - module support
-3898: Aaron - .kepler directory
-3976: Chad, everyone - Documentation updates - sections assigned, but
not done
-4034: David - memory access error with command line WF execution
-2493: Aaron - Kepler repository issues
-4047: Derik - remove component bug
-4049: Derik - actor import bug
-4040: Jianwu - globus module creation
-4021: Aaron - KarEntry handler
-4055: Aaron - leftover cachedata files
-4122: Aaron - save as does not assign new LSID
-4020: Derik - WRP
-4087: Derik - reset button
-2369: Chad - scrollbars in fullscreen
-3782: David - trunk fails to read kar files
-3925: David - ant run doesn't work with paths with spaces
-3893: Ben - EML 2 dataset not working with local data
-3931: Ben - R and JNI
-3991: Ben - large workflow errors
-3999: Ben - WRP
-4001: Ben - WRP
-4008: Ben - EML 2 dataset throws error
-4010: Ben - RExpression2 backwards compatability
-4088: David - new configuration system (is this a duplicate of 3948?)
-4089: David - module manager, loader and build system use the same setup
-4090: David - specify revision number on build
-4091: David - blessed version of ptII
-3672: Aaron - import/export workflows as archives

Thanks,
chad