[kepler-dev] Problem using the module-manager to restart Kepler

Aaron Schultz aschultz at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Jun 4 11:54:03 PDT 2009

Hi Chad,

I just tried this by running

ant update
ant clean-cache
ant clean-all
ant run
ant installer

and got an error which I think boils down to:
Problem: failed to create task or type launch4j

The LSID issue you guys were getting was caused by the LastObjectId file
being deleted most likely from doing a clean-cache operation.
A couple days ago I moved it into the .kepler directory from the common
module without realizing that it was a bad thing to do...

Last night I added some code that should now be updating that file if it
is out of sync with the LSIDTree.

Let me know if you're still seeing the problem after updating your
LSIDGenerator class.

Thanks,
Aaron

Chad Berkley wrote:
> These are the same errors I'm seeing when switching between an
> installed version of kepler and the svn trunk version.  To recreate
> it, build an installer (ant installer), run the installer, then run
> kepler from /Applications/Kepler-1.XDev/.  Then try to run kepler from
> the command line (e.g. 'ant run') (not sure if this works with eclipse).
>
> chad
>

> Aaron Schultz wrote:
>>
>> Hi David, definitely a problem with the LSIDs.  I do not know how to
>> recreate the error though.
>> You can try to turn on log4j Debugging for the LSIDGenerator class to
>> see if that helps find the problem.
>>
>> Most likely the problem is that your
>> .kepler/<instance>/modules/core/LastObjectId file is out of sync with
>> the LSIDTree
>> Deleting the InstanceAuthNamespace and the LastObjectId files and
>> restarting Kepler will likely solve the problem.
>>
>> Aaron
>>
>> David Welker wrote:
>>> Oh, and also this error prints to the command-line. The other error
>>> was in the Kepler GUI. It definitely seems to be LSID related. And,
>>> I know you love LSIDs, so I thought I would ask if you knew what
>>> might be going on.
>>>
>>> [run] ERROR
>>> (org.kepler.objectmanager.lsid.LSIDGenerator:getNewLSID:144)
>>> java.lang.Exception: The LSID