[kepler-dev] "getting started" questions

Kenneth Jones kennethjone at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 16:30:30 PDT 2009

Chad,

Thanks for the timely and detailed response.

None of the actors display icons and the reason seems to be that I don't
have a svgIconDefaults.properties file in any of the projects in my
workspace.  I see that you have created a newer, more detailed, set of build
instructions and pointed to them in the most recent Kepler Newsletter.  I
think I'll wipe out my current workspace and start again from scratch using
the most current build instructions.  That may do the trick.

The fact that you are using OWL to categorize your actors opens up some
interesting possibilities.  Are you doing any reasoning over these
categories, or do you plan to do so?  Also, are there any plans to use OWL
to define the Kepler data type hierarchy?  Will the simpler method of
creating actor categories be built on top of this OWL ontology or are you
planning to remove the ontology and replacing it with something else?

One more question -- do you have a tentative release date for version 2.0?

Thanks!

-- Ken