[kepler-dev] on your next kepler update

David Welker david.v.welker at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 15:14:10 PDT 2009

If you are going to have a file that uniquely identifies an installation
and that file is going to be written to kepler.modules (I think a better
location would be in a subfolder of the build-area folder where it not
likely to be seen very often), then it must be written by the installer
and not by any other process. In general, Kepler is likely to be
installed in a read-only area of disk, so such a file must be generated
only once at installation time.

David