[kepler-dev] on your next kepler update

Aaron Schultz aschultz at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Jun 2 14:52:10 PDT 2009

Hi Chad,

The InstanceAuthNamespace file contains a java serialized string for the
unique authority and namespace of any given kepler installation (which
is either retrieved from a webservice or assigned via UUID).

For each installation of kepler on a given machine there would be
(actually there now is) a subdirectory in the .kepler directory that was
named using the authority and namespace.
Each of these .kepler/instance directories would contain it's own cache
as we discussed yesterday....

So we need that one file to find all the other files for any given
installation of kepler...

Aaron