[kepler-dev] Aesthetic comments

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Jan 29 15:09:22 PST 2009

Thanks, Edward.  I'd always wondered about why the connections
wouldn't be straight.  I'll enter a bug for this.  Do the icons have
to be the exact size as the Vergil defaults, or does some scalar
multiple of the size work as well?

Matt

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 1:54 PM, Edward A. Lee <eal at eecs.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> I've noticed a couple of things about Kepler:
>
> 1) The Kepler icons seem to be sized so that Vergil's snap-to-grid
>   doesn't really work.  If I connect an output port to a relation
>   to an input port, I can't get the connections to give me straight
>   lines.  This is rather unfortunate, as it makes all Kepler diagrams
>   look a bit sloppy.  This can be fixed by resizing the Kepler icons
>   to match the default size in the basic Vergil editor for Ptolemy II.
>
> 2) Some of the demos put up unlabeled plots, and several have displays
>   that cover each other up.  It's pretty easy to label the plots,
>   position and size all the displays, and save the model.
>
> Edward

Matthew B. Jones
Director of Informatics Research and Development
UC Santa Barbara
jones at nceas.ucsb.edu                       Ph: 1-907-523-1960
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/ecoinfo