[kepler-dev] Proposed Future Kepler Configuration System

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Feb 2 16:12:10 PST 2009

Hi David,

Thanks for summing up the current configuration details.

I suggest reviewing how Eclipse and Netbeans do platform rich client
platforms (RCP).  Is it necessary to invent yet another system?
You may want to compare and contrast your design with prior art as
they have addressed similar issues.

_Christopher

David Welker wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have done a basic review of the current Kepler Configuration System
> and have developed a proposal for a new Kepler Configuration System.
>
> Please see my proposal here:
>
> https://dev.kepler-project.org/developers/teams/framework/kepler-configuration/proposed-future-kepler-configuration-system/
>

> Also, I have briefly documented a subset of the existing configuration
> files. If anyone wants to add to or elaborate on that documentation,
> they should feel free to do so. That basic documentation is available here:
>
> https://dev.kepler-project.org/developers/teams/framework/kepler-configuration/current-kepler-configuration/
>

> Anyway, I am moving forward with a prototype that implements my
> proposal. However, in parallel, I would like to have a discussion about
> how people feel about the proposal and any additional
> configuration-related features that they would like to see.
>
> Thanks!
>
> David Welker

Christopher Brooks (cxh at eecs berkeley edu) University of California
ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2718	      (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 (W-F) 510.655.5480