[kepler-dev] Code Freeze Proposal

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Dec 16 14:56:36 PST 2009

Hi,

A few of us chatted this morning about the current bug list and the
release.  We would like to propose a code freeze target of *January
31st, 2010*.  The big bugs that we're still working on include:

* KAR subsystem bugs:  May need a slight redesign or respecification.
Needs unit tests built.  Aaron is going to create a text document
outlining the use cases of the KAR system and I am going to try to write
unit tests to those specifications.

* Documentation: figure out how to allow modules to include
documentation that shows up with the other kepler help docs

* Module Manager: figure out the current bugs and talk further about how
modules are integrated into the runtime environment.

* other release bugs: There are a lot of smaller bugs, some of which may
be ironed out in the tasks above, but nonetheless, need to be addressed.
  Sean, Chad and Debi will work on this until others are done with their
tasks.

Let us know if there are other concerns to be put in this list.  Also,
please update any bugs assigned to you and close any that have been
completed.

Thanks,
chad