[kepler-dev] java 1.6 for kepler 2.0?

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Dec 16 10:30:42 PST 2009

Hi,

I'm becoming increasingly convinced that we just need to bite the bullet
and require java 1.6 for Kepler 2.0.  Mac OSX just pushed 1.6 in the
latest update.  I'm not sure how many of the older macs are still out
there that can't run 1.6, but it's becoming increasingly hard to only
compile kepler components with a pre 1.5 compiler.

What do others think?  Do we have any recent download stats on how many
people are downloading kepler with older macs?

chad