[kepler-dev] new project

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Apr 22 09:07:41 PDT 2009

Hi tkd,

If I understand you correctly, you want to make your new actor show up
in the Library pane so that user's need not use 'Instantiate
Component' to get it onto the canvas.  This would be a good extension
of our Hello World tutorial and I will add it to our list of tasks.
In the interim, the Kepler User Manual has a detailed description of
the process of creating a KAR file and getting it to show up in the
library.  See sections 10.3 and 10.4 of the User Manual:
   https://kepler-project.org/users/documentation

Matt

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 7:58 AM, David Welker <david.v.welker at gmail.com> wrote:
> tkd,
>
> The tutorial is still relevant to you. It demonstrates how to integrate code
> from a module into your project. If you want to modify the GUI, just put the
> appropriate code in a module, just as code for the HelloWorld actor is put
> in a module. You can override certain GUI classes if that is necessary, as
> it was in the ppod project.
>
> David
>
>> Thanks, I already read it, and it doesn't suit me in the context of the
>> actual project.
>>
>> I would like to create a project like SEEK where all the components are
>> already embedded in the gui, without using instantiate component. How to do
>> that ?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> tkd
>>

>> David Welker wrote:
>>>
>>> tkd,
>>>
>>> Please look at our HelloWorld tutorial, which goes over how to make your
>>> own actor in your own module. You can put whatever other code (besides
>>> actors) in such modules as well. The tutorial is available here:
>>>

>>> https://kepler-project.org/developers/teams/build/developing-a-hello-world-actor-using-the-kepler-build-system-and-eclipse
>>>
>>> David

Matthew B. Jones
Director of Informatics Research and Development
UC Santa Barbara
jones at nceas.ucsb.edu                       Ph: 1-907-523-1960
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/ecoinfo