[kepler-dev] Running Kepler from Eclipse...No actors on right pane

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Apr 6 15:14:08 PDT 2009

Hi David,
Excellent that you were able to track that down!
I was probably the one that put the error in the docs.

Perhaps org.kepler.loader.Loader should be renamed?
If I was going to start an application named Kepler,
and there was a class named Kepler, I'd probably choose that
class.  I can see a large set of errors resulting from
confusion over this.  Or, perhaps org.kepler.loader.Kepler
should not have a main() or should have a package protected
main()?

Having a class org.kepler.Kepler might even be better.

_Christopher

David Welker wrote:
> Hi Kazmi,
>
> It turns out that the problem was that the instruction you referred to
> were out-of-date. Instead of org.kepler.loader.Kepler, the main class
> should be org.kepler.core.loader.Loader. Also, instead of setting loader
> as the main module, the main module should be module-manager. I have
> updated those instructions. It worked fine when I tried it with the
> updated instructions.
>
> David
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I am using kepler with eclipse. I followed this tutorial:
>> https://kepler-project.org/developers/reference/kepler-and-eclipse/?searchterm=None
>>

>> When I run kepler as java application, it loads but no actors are
>> there in
>> right pane. I can just find the categories name (e.g. Component->Data
>> Input->Local Input).
>>
>> I tried by deleting ~/.kepler directory too, but no way.
>> Can you help me out?

Christopher Brooks (cxh at eecs berkeley edu) University of California
ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2718	      (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 (W-F) 510.655.5480