[kepler-dev] Some experience about build kepler under Eclipse

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Dec 26 22:23:27 PST 2008

Hi Qiao Huijie,
The Kepler repository was recently restructured and the Eclipse
build has had various problems.  I believe these problems have been
fixed, but I have not tried build Kepler under Eclipse myself.

PtII does not build diva with SVG because Ptolemy II does not use the
SVG libraries.  Adding SVG to diva would mean that Ptolemy II had a
dependency on SVG even though Ptolemy II does not use Diva.

SVG is a bit of a memory hog, I can't open as many models during testing
if they use SVG.

_Christopher

Qiao Hui-jie wrote:
>  Hi everyone
>

> I am a  newbie for Kepler.
>
> I downloaded the source code of Kepler and Ptolemy through subversion
> server, tried to build them under Eclipse these days and gained some
> experience about it.
>
> The last dates in the log messages for kepler and PtolemyII are both
> 12/17/2008. Eclipse is v3.4.1for WinXP
>
> Maybe they have been mentioned in some document of Kepler. if so, tell me
> please.
>
> 1. the jar package in 'ptII' which includes diva.util.java2d.svg must be
> rebuild for kepler. Before you rebuild it, you must update the makefile in
> util\java2d\. uncomment out some places for build 'svg'. I don't know why
> ptII doesn't build the 'svg' by default.
>
> 2.If someone wants to use the 'imageJ' actor , he must create a directory
> named as 'plugins' at the root of kepler. and copy the folders and files
> from the same folder of the installation version of kepler to this folder.
> Or he will get an error "unrecongnized command 'ASC TextReader'" when he
> uses the actor of imageJ.
>
> It's my first time writting a letter in this maillist. And for my poor
> English, i don't know if you can understand it.
>
> Thanks a lot. Marry Christmas, every one.
>

> Qiao Huijie
> Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
> Datun Road, Chaoyang, Beijing, 100101, China

Christopher Brooks (cxh at eecs berkeley edu) University of California
ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2718	      (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 (W-F) 510.655.5480