[kepler-dev] Some experience about build kepler under Eclipse

Qiao Hui-jie qiaohj at ioz.ac.cn
Fri Dec 26 21:47:28 PST 2008

 Hi everyone

I am a  newbie for Kepler.

I downloaded the source code of Kepler and Ptolemy through subversion
server, tried to build them under Eclipse these days and gained some
experience about it.

The last dates in the log messages for kepler and PtolemyII are both
12/17/2008. Eclipse is v3.4.1for WinXP

Maybe they have been mentioned in some document of Kepler. if so, tell me
please.

1. the jar package in 'ptII' which includes diva.util.java2d.svg must be
rebuild for kepler. Before you rebuild it, you must update the makefile in
util\java2d\. uncomment out some places for build 'svg'. I don't know why
ptII doesn't build the 'svg' by default.

2.If someone wants to use the 'imageJ' actor , he must create a directory
named as 'plugins' at the root of kepler. and copy the folders and files
from the same folder of the installation version of kepler to this folder.
Or he will get an error "unrecongnized command 'ASC TextReader'" when he
uses the actor of imageJ.

It's my first time writting a letter in this maillist. And for my poor
English, i don't know if you can understand it.

Thanks a lot. Marry Christmas, every one.

Qiao Huijie
Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Datun Road, Chaoyang, Beijing, 100101, China