[kepler-dev] port and relation width

Norbert Podhorszki pnorbert at cs.ucdavis.edu
Sat Jul 29 19:16:38 PDT 2006

Hi,
I have never tried to right-click on any relation or link until today.
There is no context menu for them in the current kepler/vergil, so
the width of the them cannot be modified, unlike in Ptolemy.

I doubt if anyone missed it, since there is no workflow under the
kepler/workflows using a non-default (1) width on any link.
(Ptolemy has some weird test workflows in directories named <sth>/auto,
  I do not know, if anyone dares to use this feature in real workflows.)

Is this intentional or accidental?

The attached example was constructed in Ptolemy. The last link has a
width=2, so the Display will receive and display both tokens (0 and 100)
coming from the composite actor. If you draw the same workflow in Kepler,
the link will have a width 1 and only the token 0 will be displayed.

I am currently studying the ptolemy docs and try hard to understand the
basic concepts... This is the only reason for finding such issues.

Norbert

--

      Norbert Podhorszki
      pnorbert at cs.ucdavis.edu