[kepler-dev] [VOTE] request membership for Steve Mock

Ilkay Altintas altintas at sdsc.edu
Wed Mar 17 18:06:57 PST 2004

Dear All,

I would like to nominate Steve Mock for membership into the Kepler dev
group.  Steve has been contributing the existing Kepler code (via me)
in the past (funded through the NMIWorkflow project) and will continue
his contributions through a collaboration with another scientific
workflow project on chemistry.

In the past, Steve has contributed 3 good actors: GlobusProxy,
GridFTP, and GlobusJob. He has well integrated with the SDSC part
of the collaboration as a team player as well as a skilled programmer.

Please respond to the list (kepler-dev at ecoinformatics.org) within 5
business days (until monday, march 22nd at 5pm) with any commentary
and a vote as follows:

     * Approve (+1) - Steve should BECOME A KEPLER VOTING MEMBER
     * Neutral (0)  -- NO OPINION
     * Disapprove (-1) - Steve should NOT BECOME A KEPLER VOTING MEMBER*.

*Note that a vote of Disapprove is a veto which guarantees failure of
the vote, so if you vote Disapprove, you must provide a reason for doing so.
If we don't get at least 2/3 of the members casting a vote, we should
probably ask for another vote or say that this vote has failed.

If you have any questions about this process, please refer to:
(http://kepler.ecoinformatics.org/management.html).
Note that only current contributing members of the project can vote.

Member           Vote and optional explanation
-------          -----------------------------
Altintas	       Approve
Berkley
Brooks