[kepler-dev] Re: [SDM-SPA] New distribution of Ptolemy for LLNL users

Bertram Ludaescher ludaesch at sdsc.edu
Thu Mar 4 06:23:50 PST 2004

Hi Matt:

I think your suggestions for a more orderly way of going about Kepler
releases are great!

Indeed it would make the life of the developers much easier if they
knew well in advance what's coming, when the deadlines for final
additions, tests are etc.

Also from your experience it sounds like Bugzilla is the way to go, so
I would like the SDM/SPA folks to adopt that as well, provided we can
address their concerns:

At a recent ad-hoc SPA conference call, which was also attended by
SEEK and Ptolemy members, it was suggested to have a "protected" SPA
area under Bugzilla so that non-public documents could be attached to
"bugs" etc.

I'm not sure how how easy it is to set up such a "group-eyes only" SPA
area.

Either way, I think it would be beneficial if we could align our
Kepler efforts across SEEK, SPA, GEON etc.

Bertram