Exec actor (was Re: [kepler-dev] 2d display widget?)

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Jul 29 15:13:45 PDT 2004

I forgot to send this to everybody !

The 'gobble' threads are really a 'fix' to the limited size of io
buffers on the Windows OS.Without them, subprocesses often hang under
Windows. stdin/stdout are handled much better on Unix machines and such
threads are probably not needed.

And I think that it is the Windows version of exec() that is especially
crude!

Dan

Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-892-2531