[kepler-dev] 2d display widget?

Edward A Lee eal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Jul 28 08:09:27 PDT 2004

At 04:24 PM 7/27/2004 -0700, Tobin Fricke wrote:
>Kepler/Ptolemy has great support for displaying X/Y plots -- but is there
>anything to display two dimensional data, like contour/surface plots? Was
>thinking of just producing an IntMatrix and feeding it through
>MatrixToImage (which doesn't exist yet).

We did have a MatrixToImage actor at some point, but it was
not well written, and it was hard to use to get good images.

If you want to take this on, I strongly recommend looking
at Matlab for inspiration...  Alternatively, you can just
use the MatlabExpression actor... The Matlab demo in the quick
tour generates a beautiful 4-D plot (3-D + time) of moving waves...

Edward

Edward A. Lee, Professor
518 Cory Hall, UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720
phone: 510-642-0455, fax: 510-642-2739
eal at eecs.Berkeley.EDU, http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/~eal