[kepler-dev] 2d display widget?

Christopher Hylands Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Jul 27 17:43:09 PDT 2004

We usually use Matlab for surface plots.  If you have Matlab
installed, ptII/ptolemy/matlab/demo/MatlabExpression/MatlabExpression.xml
does a surface plot

Ptplot does not support surface plots.

Ptolemy Classic had this hack to do waterfall plots that was sort of
cute, but we have not reimplemented it in Ptolemy II

Ptolemy II 4.0 includes actors that use the Java Advanced Imaging
interface.
One of the actors is DoubleMatrixToJAI:

  Converts a DoubleMatrix to a JAIImageToken. This JAIImageToken is a
  single-banded grayscale image. To assemble multiple band's into one
  image, use the BandCombine operator on each image and add them
  together.
  If the data was previously normalized, then the data can be rescaled
  to whichever non-floating data type is chosen.

There are a few JAI demos in ptII/ptolemy/actor/lib/jai/demo
that use DoubleMatrixToJAI

DoubleMatrixToJAI might not do what you want, but it would give you
something to look at

The SDF VQ actors in sdf/lib/vq might also be of interest.

-Christopher

--------

    Kepler/Ptolemy has great support for displaying X/Y plots -- but is there
    anything to display two dimensional data, like contour/surface plots? Was
    thinking of just producing an IntMatrix and feeding it through
    MatrixToImage (which doesn't exist yet).

    Tobin