[kepler-dev] Float, Byte and Short types in Ptolemy

Ilkay Altintas altintas at sdsc.edu
Tue Jul 27 10:34:35 PDT 2004

Hi,

In an effort to map basic XMLSchema types into Ptolemy types,
I've realized that the PtolemyII type system doesn't have some
java types. (float, byte and short) Is there a particular reason
that these types are not in the type system? Or else can they
be added?

Also, having an XSD-like Date type in the type system would be
very useful especially in the context of Kepler web services
and dataset discovery part. Does anybody see any value in adding
this into the Ptolemy type system or is it better we just add
it under Kepler?

Thanks,
Ilkay