[kepler-dev] anthill nightly build system

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Jul 20 10:30:24 PDT 2004

Hello,

I have setup the Anthill nightly build system for kepler and the kepler
unit tests.  I've linked to it on the kepler website under the
"development" section (http://kepler.ecoinformatics.org/development.html).

The build is divided into two parts.  The first one just builds the HEAD
of CVS every night.  The second one builds and runs any junit test in
the kepler/tests directory.  Right now there are only a few unit tests
so the unit testing is not very robust.  We definitely need to add more
tests.

You may have seen checkins at midnight for the version file under my
username.  This is the anthill system versioning each build as it goes.
  You can view the build log for any build from any night.  If the build
fails for any reason, an email is sent out and the status bar in the
table turns red.  I think we will eventually create a list so people who
want to see if the build fails can get the email.  Right now the email
is only going to a few people.

Let me know if you have any problems or questions.

chad