[tcs-lc] Unnecessary vernacular relationship types?

Nozomi Ytow nozomi at biol.tsukuba.ac.jp
Fri Sep 23 06:58:57 PDT 2005

Rich wrote:

> I agree that "is vernacular for" and "has vernacular" RelationshipTypes seem
> to imply only congruent relationships -- maybe that is your original point?
> If so, I agree this is not good.

The vernacular relationship pair are unnecessary because scientific
attribute of TaxonConcept/Name became mandatory in v1.00.   If
TaxonConcept/Name at scientific have different values in TaxonConcept
elements linked by a relationship-ish element then it means the
relationship vernacular one.  I should realise it when discussed about
scientific and language, but I didn't realise relationship enumeration
in that time... sigh.

JMS