[tcs-lc] difference between IsParentOf/IsChildOf; and Includes/IsIncludedIn RelationshipTypes?

Nozomi Ytow nozomi at biol.tsukuba.ac.jp
Fri Sep 23 00:40:13 PDT 2005

Jessie> I agree with Rich.

Rich> Similar with vernacular names -- I don't think it should be encouraged
Rich> (though it's certainly not prohibited) to establish a relationship of "Aus
Rich> bus is included in vernacular Rotifer", if we already have a hierarchical
Rich> chain connecting Aus bus, to Rotifera, and separately connecting vernacular
Rich> "rotifer" to scientific "Rotifera".

My understanding of what Rich wrote above is that in cases where
we've not yet have appropriate scientific name Rotifera
using include/inculded between Aus bus and rotifer is unecessary
dicouraged.  If Rotifer is available and it matches to rotifer
perfectly, we can use vernaclar relationiship type,  but if
rotifer is broder than Rotifera....?

JMS