[tcs-lc] For completeness - handling of ex authors

Richard Pyle deepreef at bishopmuseum.org
Wed Sep 21 02:01:35 PDT 2005

Is "ex" mandated by the ICBN Code, or is it simply a convention?  It's just
a convention in ICZN (and I wonder whether the Zoology meaning is the same
as the Botany meaning...)

The reason I brought up the "in" is that it is a similar non-mandatory
convention in Zoology.  When you say "in" authors are not needed, do you
mean they're not used by convention in Botany, or do you mean they are used,
but are accomodated elsewhere in TCS? (Or do you mean TCS should only
accomodate code-mandated stuff?)

In any case, it's not clear from your response whether you prefer the
boolean option or the enumerated list option (evem if "in" is not one of the
enumerations).

Rich