[tcs-lc] Minor modifications prior TDWG ratification vote

Richard Pyle deepreef at bishopmuseum.org
Tue Sep 20 14:29:49 PDT 2005

Hi All,

Sally wrote:

> I think we also mentioned at the time that we should
> confine these last minute amendments to changes that would otherwise
> break backwards compatibility (for example changing element names, or
> removing something, or adding a required field).

I can certainly understand this constraint in the context of "minor" changes
to TCS 1.00 before final "lock-in".  However, I do desperately hope that
this backward-compatibility constraint will not be imposed on changes made
for version 2.00.  Backward compatibility is certainly nice, but in this
context, I think it would be debilitating....

Aloha,