[tcs-lc] Proposal: revise ObjectType names in TCS

Gregor Hagedorn G.Hagedorn at BBA.DE
Tue Sep 20 10:21:11 PDT 2005

> Did we agree to change Voucher to specimen or Unit as in ABCD - I guess Roger
> took notes..

I remember it as Specimen, but I welcome any alternative, we would then change
SDD. I would only object to unqualified "Unit". In ABCD the context is
unambiguous, the choice of "Unit" is based on desire to generalize. In an
overarching tdwg object "core ontology" we need to disambiguate, so Unit is too
general.

Gregor Hagedorn (G.Hagedorn at bba.de)
Institute for Plant Virology, Microbiology, and Biosafety
Federal Research Center for Agriculture and Forestry (BBA)
Königin-Luise-Str. 19           Tel: +49-30-8304-2220
14195 Berlin, Germany           Fax: +49-30-8304-2203