[tcs-lc] Minor modifications prior TDWG ratification vote

Kennedy, Jessie J.Kennedy at napier.ac.uk
Tue Sep 20 07:49:24 PDT 2005

Dear All

Further to James' email where he stated:

"as TDWG 2005 buisiness meeting participants know, TCS 1.00 is approved
to reccomend for TDWG ratification vote.  We can make minor
modifications sufficiently prior to the ratification vote to be closed
by 17th October 12:00 GMT."

Can I just clarify that at the meeting in St Petersburg we agreed that
only minor changes would be considered and these must be made and agreed
upon by the 30th of September (the voting closing on 17th). Things that
are major or can't be agreed upon can be added to the discussion points
to be raised for inclusion in the next version.

For discussion on any minor issues (or major issue for that matter)
could you please try and keep discussion to one topic per email subject.
This will make it easier for people to follow the thread of any
particular discussion. I know it's a bit more work but will be easier
for all in the long run.

I would define minor for this discussion to be changes like simple
element or attribute changes, spelling errors, changes to enumerations
where the understanding of the change to be made is clear. Major changes
would involve restructuring elements where the implication of the change
would be hard to assess in the time given or where the understanding of
the issue is such that we cannot get a common agreement on understanding
in the time we have remaining.

As Jerry said the thing is for us to get agreement and then get some
real implementations done and catalogue the issues for discussion in the
next version.

Thanks,

Jessie

This message is intended for the addressee(s) only and should not be read, copied or disclosed to anyone else outwith the University without the permission of the sender.
It is your responsibility to ensure that this message and any attachments are scanned for viruses or other defects. Napier University does not accept liability for any loss
or damage which may result from this email or any attachment, or for errors or omissions arising after it was sent. Email is not a secure medium. Email entering the
University's system is subject to routine monitoring and filtering by the University.