[tcs-lc] Incertae Sedis, and broader issues

Nozomi Ytow nozomi at biol.tsukuba.ac.jp
Mon Sep 19 05:09:28 PDT 2005

Rich Pyle wrote:

> We all seem to agree
> that it a property of TaxonConcepts, rather than of NameObjects.  It seems
> that most of us also agree it is tied to the "IsParentOf/IsChildOf"
> relationship between two Concepts.

So, our options are:

Option 0:  Ignore incertae sedis this time, may be documented our
recoginition though.
Option 1a: Add incertae sedis as to rlationship type enumeration.  It
may require data providers to create a dummy data say "Life".  We
shall see.
Option 1b: Add incertae sedis as to rlationship type enumeration, and
allow minOccur=0.
Option 2: Add incertae sedis as a subtype of "is parent of" and "is
child of".  It could be non-minor modification.

Any other suggestions?

BTW, I'm unhappy with "is parent of" name because parent is also used
for hybrids.  Member of/has member could be alternative because the
word member is used in documentation.

Cheers,
JMS