[tcs-lc] Minor modifications prior TDWG ratification vote

Richard Pyle deepreef at bishopmuseum.org
Sat Sep 17 23:53:15 PDT 2005

> Not "unknown to data provider" but "stated incertae sedis by the
> author".  "Unknow to data provider" can happen when author did
> not specify the higher rank, but it is not incertae sedis except
> the author stated explicitly (either as incertae sedis or in
> natural language).

Ah!!  I now have a glimmer of understanding!  If the purpose is simply to
record the fact that the author used the term "incertae sedis" in the
publication, then I do not consider this information important for purposes
of TCS, because it does not help us understand anything about the Concept
definition, or relationships to other concepts.  There are many other kinds
of information that authors include with their use of names and concepts,
which are not included in TCS.

Aloha,